NEWS
Wednesday August 21 2019
PSG reject Barcelona loan offer for Neymar

Paris Saint-Germain have rejected the latest offer from Barcelona for Neymar: a two-year loan deal with a compulsory purchase option, say Cadena Cope.

On Tuesday, Marca said the offer has been made while El Mundo Deportivo cite a report from L’Equipe that the Parisian club ‘are open’ to the idea of an offer.

The reports say that ‘this is the only remaining viable offer’ with Barca no longer keen to add players into any deal and they are unable to afford an upfront fee.

The Brazilian star has been heavily linked with a return to Barcelona this summer as an exit from the French capital has appeared to be looking increasingly likely.

The former Santos forward left the Camp Nou for Paris in the summer of 2017 for a world record €222m fee, but reports continue to suggest he may be open to a departure from the Parisians.

Neymar has continually been linked with a return to Spain since his departure with the Catalan giants and Madrid said to be keen on a future transfer.

A report in Marca last month claimed the Catalan giants were open to the possibility of selling Ousmane Dembele this summer, while the future of Philippe Coutinho is also under scrutiny.

Football Italia website